New Tally App - Now Available

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to let you know that the next generation of the Tally app is now ready for download.
The entire user experience has been redesigned, resulting in many refinements, including Face and Touch ID integration, journey simplifications, and a completely new user interface.

The Tally app is now connected to the UK Faster Payments network, so money is directly transferred to and from Tally accounts and UK GBP accounts in real-time.

Please update the bank account you transfer funds into Tally from with your new sort code and account number.

You can now set how much Tally you want to transfer to someone in either GBP, USD or EUR (at the global gold spot price into each currency) as well as peer-to-peer in Tally. Card payment details have improved, with map locations and addresses, along with improved transaction records, including individual payee history and the ability to search and delete payees. You can also add a profile photo, and see other Tally users profile image on transactions.

Now the platform has established its scalable foundation, more functionality will quickly follow with savings ‘safes’, statements and the opportunity to gift gold all in the product roadmap.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a valued Tally customer, and being on board during our early beta testing of the app.

I look forward to hearing any feedback you have about the new app.

5 Likes

Thats what I have been waiting for !

2 Likes

Pleased to be able to finally deliver it to you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes thanks
To me its the fundamental differentiating feature
let me try

2 Likes

Brilliant.
On first look it is 100% improvement, smooth looks good. I`m lost for words now.
This has to be the future of real money with the added benefit of saving Gold if you want.

2 Likes

Hi @damon-tally - looks great, in terms of buying Tally do I disregard the old sort code and account number I have ? The details appear to be different. Do I not need a reference number as well?

1 Like

I also understood there would be a separate savings account function with the new release. I cannot see this ?

1 Like

@Carolwhiteshusband all users now have a dedicated sort code and account number so you will no longer need to transfer to the old details with a reference.

The savings function is on its way. We had to take it out for this release to ensure that we deliver the other features. Rest assured we are pushing hard for other feature releases.

3 Likes

Ok great, I presume that anyone trying to transfer using the old details will not be impacted!

Looking forward to using with more regularity.

1 Like

@Carolwhiteshusband when you click Buy Tally you will see new details. You should update your bank account that you pay into Tally with the new details.

1 Like

I like it! :+1::+1::+1::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Peer to peer was available before… I’ve sent tally to numerous people… is it different on this version? I’m on android so don’t have the update.

1 Like

I guess my point was, has this been communicated. I was about to transfer some money in, but luckily logged in here before doing so.

Thanks. We’ve just sent out comms to tackle this.

2 Likes

Too late for me.lol but I have now updated my account details.

1 Like

It took me a while to see the update on android Google play, just got it, did a transfer to test and it worked instantly. Nice one. Did come up with a message saying “this transfer may take up to two working days” though!

1 Like

@Pilingin we just have to cover ourselves for speed but it should be pretty instant :+1:

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone else has highlighted this but with the new software, in the transactions list, I no longer see the conversion rate at which a transaction was done.
Am I missing something here ?

1 Like

@Tallyman you’re not the first.

We have removed this to focus on Tally as a currency / banking app and not a gold trading product. Can you explain why you need this as a feature so we can better understand your requirement.

Simply for Capital Gains, or loss, liability and declaration.
Without the Transaction details screen / page you need to issue statements or offer an app facility to access and e-mail / print statements.
Your choice or have to move to another gold currency vehicle which allows for the easy tax liability deckaration that Tally has allowed till now.