Q&A Thursday 23rd January 6pm-7pm

@Sc0rp10n you can see most of the shots of the new app on the website. This’ll give you a little sneak peek.

@99Treble if by ‘Globally’ you mean rolled out to other app stores, the answer is yes, absolutely. We intend to roll out to other territories slowly. But… not in the immediate short term.

2 Likes

@99Treble Thanks for the question but this is a corporate question, please ask this at 7pm.

Could Tally be rolled out to Mortgages and Credit cards in the future.

@Andy we will investigate this as a priority! If you email support@tallymoney.com with the details, one of the customer services team will get back to you.

We don’t plan to change the way we show the value of tally in GBP.

We are building a statement page which will automatically calculate your capital gain, and take into account your average buy and average sell price. These should be live in the next 2 months or so.

1 Like

Will do thanks :slight_smile:

Any time :slight_smile:

Yes @99Treble these are areas that we can look at. The first step is to deliver a common sense monetary system, which can then be a base for delivering credible low-risk sustainable banking services (which may be delivered by others B2B plugging in to Tally).

1 Like

So there will be no easy way for a user to determine if they are spending below their buy in price and no way to keep track of what is happening with their money? Of the many people I’ve introduced to tally, the ones I see regularly all run their own spreadsheets to keep track of everything, the same as I do…

Do you not see this a a basic need, whichout this, tally is simply another digital currency that doesn’t relate to anything. Like cryptocurrencies, that is a hard sell to jo public.

If there’s no stats, or any way of me keeping track of my spending in the app, I don’t see the point using is for storing any significant amount, I’ll simple hold more physical as I can keep track of it easier not spending and adding little amounts daily.

Unfortunately it will make this a deal breaker for me to use as a bank as I won’t know if I’m losing when spending.

1 Like

The amount of Tally/Gold you have remains the same. Tally isn’t for trading/making profits IMO its about a store of value through sounds money.

You will be able to choose any period on the statement that will show you exactly your current position, P+L, and entry price is for any period.

Could the accounts be built to provide the concept of flash green for in credit accounts since purchase with x-amount GBP or flash red displaying a deficit since purchase in GBP or local currency.

1 Like

This is an interesting UX feature that we could look at. But the capital gain will show this for any period selected.

I’m not talking about trading, I’m not a trader and have no interest in trading. I simply want to log into the app and see something that tells me the current price of gold/tally next to my average buy in price. I’m not going to be depositing fiat into tally and spend gold willy nilly only to find out at the end of the year I’ve lost several hundred or thousands because I’ve been spending on day the gold price was below my average buy price, but i was unaware because I didn’t update and check my excel spreadsheet before every purchase.

3 Likes

The price of Tally reflects the global spot gold price. The new statement page will give you an easy way to see quickly what your average Tally buy price for any period.

If it’s at the right price, I’ll use my tally card, if it’s not I’ll use a fiat bank and the gold stays in my tally account. Not having the information is too risky to spend it randomly so why would I pay to keep it in there, I’ll just hold physical and use a fiat bank.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll wait to see the new app and decide from there. I’d rather it does what I needed so I could use the card more.

I just think Ralph, that if the screen is Green, its an instant identifier to ‘Your account is in profit’, enabling a potentially faster decision to purchase with tally.Something to mull over.

2 Likes

To be fair, I did send this in as a feature request/feedback when the app was in beta.

1 Like

This isn’t on our current road map as we see this more as a banking product and this feels more like a feature for a trading product, but we are aware that people do want to use it in this way and we are very open to looking at these kind of features.

1 Like